There is lots of good stuff happening at CJ and in Pittsburgh, so I’d like to highlight a few things.
- CJ’s Board of Directors hired a new General Manager, we’ll introduce you in next week’s blog. Zombies will be involved…
- CJ’s ED (me, that is) was elected to the National Board of Directors of the Building Material Reuse Association (BMRA). This organization is working hard to create formal training and standards around the practice of deconstruction.
- This year, the Big Pour will have more craft beer than EVER before! The featured art piece will be unlike ANYTHING you have ever seen (toilets will be involved but that’s all you are getting from me)! There are a limited number of tickets available for Session 1, noon to 3.00 pm, Session 2 is sold out.
- The new Frick Environmental Center opening is September 10th, with tours, exploration stations, food and family friendly entertainment.
- The ReNew Festival starts September 9th and continues for 30 days!
- Today, Friday the 19th, is #OrangutanDay. Wildlife conservation and resource conservation go hand in hand. Check out The Orangutan Project on Facebook to see some excellent pictures as well as great information on how we can all help.
Thanks for making it to the bottom of the grab bag!