Greetings Reuse Fans,
CJ is taking the next step in re-opening with the addition of limited in-store shopping. This Sunday, May 24th, we will be opening the store to the public from 12:00 to 3:00pm. Please bring:
- Patience and a sense of humor: we will admit between 15 and 20 people into the store at a time. We will have a CJ employee at the store entrance to welcome you back and give you instructions.
- Mask: please wear one from when you leave your vehicle until you have returned to your vehicle, for the good health of everyone.
- Good sense of distance: at least 6 feet between you and everyone else in the store, including our staff. This also means that for the foreseeable future we cannot help you load and unload your purchases or donations.
- Sanitizing practices: we will have hand sanitizer at the register that you can use before handing over your credit card and exiting the store. We are strongly discouraging cash at this time!
- Focused shopping: we know we have roughly two kinds of shoppers: project shoppers and inspiration seekers. If you know what you want, we are encouraging you to use our text/no contact pick up purchasing system via the web site. This is a great way to buy items like Amazon Paint and accessories, HydroBlox or any of the items that you can browse on our featured inventory site. If you are an “inspiration shopper” the store is opening so you can look around!
We are taking additional measures to keep the store and inventory cleaner (that was challenging before COVID). We have moved our donation drop off area outside to “the jetty”, and we have put up clear shields at the register. You will also notice that we have reduced our hours except on Saturdays. Reducing the hours we’re open to the public gives us time to clean and restock for the next day, limits public contact with our employees, and keeps our reduced staff from being overwhelmed.
Keep following us on social media and our web site for announcements of future changes. We know there will be more of those. We appreciate the drop off donations we received in the last week and the support we continue to receive from phone/text sales; however, we suspect that really everyone was just waiting for the City’s recycling center to open! (Wink, wink.)
Keep working with us, and on this 143 Day in PA, take your social cues from what that famous Pittsburgher who wore a red cardigan told us.