Greetings Reuse Fans,
It’s time to show us your reuse! Since 2011, the staff of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette have sponsored CJ’s Reuse Inspiration Contest. Winners will receive 2 tickets to our 13th Steel City Big Pour fundraiser on SeptemBeer 28, 2019 (you get to choose your session)! This year we are adding a third Reuse Inspiration category and made each category a bit more challenging.
We will chose a winner and a runner up in three categories:
- Home Renovation — creative re-use in the renovation of one room or an entire building.
- Art — creative re-use of one or more items in a two- or three-dimensional work of art.
- Furniture—(new for 2019) creative reuse of material resulting in a piece of furniture (such as a coffee table, bookcase, bed frame or dining room table). So all you makers out there submit your creations!
How to enter:
• Provide your name, phone number, email address and mailing address.
• Indicate which category you are entering.
• In 250 words or less, describe the motivation behind your project and how it was achieved.
Entries are due by: Midnight, Monday September 16th
As always, winners are featured in the PG on the day of the Big Pour and in the PG’s booth at the event.
Every year the contest receives between 25 and 50 project entries created from mainly CJ inventory, but we have also received entries from folks who have been inspired by material reused from other source – yep we have had a few dumpster diver entries!